How Your Support Helps
Help us reach our goal of $10,000 which will enable us to establish a new Vision-Aid center in an under-served region this year!
What your donation helps us do:
- $25 will enable a blind student to get comprehensive training in Orientation and Mobility.
- $40 will provide a blind person with a Vision-Aid Electronic Wand, helping them become more mobile and independent.
- $60 will provide a free electronic magnifier (Camera Mouse) developed by Vision Aid that can help provide Low Vision persons of any age, and especially senior citizens, with a means to read and write by projecting magnified text on their TV screens.
- $100 will provide a comprehensive low vision evaluation and a set of free optical assistive devices and an electronic magnifier to an adult or child with Low Vision.
- $150 will educate a blind or low vision person with a certificate course in Introduction to Computers.
- $500 will provide a 6 months comprehensive and individualized education for a Vision Impaired student who has completed high school, and has basic knowledge of English, helping them to learn Touch Typing, MS Access, MS Office and competence in using the internet and email. This program leads to a Vision-Aid Diploma in Computer Applications, and opens the door for jobs and higher education. Graduates are also provided need-based aid to purchase a personal computer with assistive technology.
- $1000 will provide 12 months of comprehensive and individualized education for a person who has no prior English education. The program targets students from an underprivileged (often rural) background, with only elementary or middle school level education. It includes Orientation and Mobility, English lessons, lessons in communication and interaction, and training in computers from basic to intermediate level skills, that results in a Vision-Aid diploma in Computer Applications. Graduates are also provided need-based aid to purchase a personal computer with assistive technology
- $10,000 will help us establish a new Vision-Aid center in an under-served region.
Vision-Aid programs are offered free of cost to the needy, and at very nominal, subsidized rates to affording students. The low cost of our programs is made possible in large part due to the dedicated service of our volunteers on the ground, many of whom work for nominal or no remuneration. Our programs have a transformative effect, enabling the visually impaired to live with independence and dignity.