The collaboration will result in Vision-Aid setting up a Vision-Aid Resource Center at Sankara Nethralaya, Kolkata. Work on the new center is underway.
- 4 optometrists (2 each) have been trained for Low Vision Care
- 1 optometrist exclusive training for Vision Enhancement Clinic
- On an average, the centers provide service for about 1500 patients in the LVC
- For the current project
- Training of optometrist is completed
- Devices and equipment orders placed
- Potential start date: 15th Aug 2022
Overall, we are seeing an impressive work done for the visually impaired on ground and look forward to more trailblazing work by the team at Sankara Nethralaya and Vision-Aid.
More content coming soon…
Read articles published by Sankara Nethralaya